The 2nd most highly rated dish for Fresh Start in 2020!
Japanese Beef Steaks with Slaw & Miso
- 1 broccoli, finely chopped
- ½ telegraph cucumber, cut in half lengthways & thinly sliced
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 350g slaw
- 100g miso salad dressing
- 550g lean beef rump steak
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 50g miso drizzle
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Prep broccoli and cucumber. Cook broccoli and edamame in pot of boiling water for3-4 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and leave to drain well.
- Pat beef dry and coat with sesame seeds and salt.
- Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook beef for 4-5 minutes each side for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered, before slicing thinly against the grain. Reserve any resting juices.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked broccoli and edamame with cucumber, slaw and miso dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prep coriander.
- Serve slaw topped with beef, miso drizzle and coriander.
Energy 1802 kJ | 431 kCal | Carbohydrates 12.2 g | Protein 41.7 g | Fat 23.6 g