Lamb Loin with Roast Pumpkin & Indian Whipped Feta
- 400 g pumpkin wedges
- 1 drizzle oil
- 1 courgette cut into 1cm rounds
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 30 g golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 50 g feta cheese
- ¼ tsp mild curry powder
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 300 g lamb loin
- ¾ tsp mild curry powder
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper
- 1 drizzle oil
- ½ bunch mint leaves picked
- ½ bunch coriander leaves picked
- 50 g baby spinach
- 20 g whole pistachios
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake).
- Toss pumpkin with oil on a lined oven tray. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 25 minutes. Prep courgette and add to tray for last 15 minutes of cook time, or until both are tender and golden.
- Prep onion and toss in a small bowl with remaining pickled onion ingredients. Set aside to pickle, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble feta into a medium bowl. Add curry powder and milk and whip with a fork or whisk, until smooth.
- Pat lamb dry, season with salt and coat in spices. Heat a large fry-pan on high heat. Add lamb and cook for 2-3 minutes each side (depending on thickness) for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered. Thinly slice just before serving.
- Prep mint and coriander.
- Serve whipped feta smoothed out on plates. Top with spinach, roasted vegetables and lamb. Sprinkle over pickled onions, pistachio and herbs.
Meet the Chef
Say hello to Gemma ‘Mint’ our Development Kitchen Manager. She’s all the way from the sunny Hawkes Bay and is the brain behind many of our new bags. She’s a lover of Hawkes Bay apples and golden peaches, having grown up in the region, it takes her right back to her childhood. However, her favourite foods are dumplings and freshly baked bread. Gemma loves how she gets to be involved in all the new projects in her role and how we’re constantly creating and evolving with our foodies.