Tandoori Salmon Salad with Coriander Yoghurt
- ½ cauliflower cut into small florets
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ Tbsp water
- 250 g salmon fillet
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ Tbsp yoghurt
- ½ lettuce shredded
- 1 carrot peeled into ribbons
- 50 g baby spinach
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ bunch coriander roughly chopped
- ¼ lemon juiced
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake).
- Prep cauliflower and toss on a lined oven tray with spices and water measure. Season with salt and roast in oven for an initial 10 minutes.
- Pat salmon dry and remove any remaining pin bones. Remove skin. Cut salmon into 2 pieces, season with salt and toss in a medium bowl with spiced and first measure of yoghurt. When cauliflower has had 10 minutes cook time, remove from oven and add salmon to tray. Return to oven to cook for a further 6-8 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and salmon is medium-rare, or cooked to your liking.
- Prep lettuce and carrot and toss in a medium bowl with spinach and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Prep coriander and lemon and mix in a small bowl with second measure of yoghurt and a pinch of salt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss cooked cauliflower with salad and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve salad with salmon and yoghurt.
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.