We love pulse pasta! It’s pasta that’s been made with legumes, so it’s often higher in protein and fibre than normal pasta. You can find it in the pasta section of the supermarket, and is often featured in Fresh Start meals!
Green Pulse Pasta with Ricotta & Pine Nuts
- ½ broccoli, cut into small florets
- 50g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 125g pulse penne pasta
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 50g ricotta cheese
- Before you start bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Prep broccoli and beans. Prep courgette and set aside.
- Cook pasta in pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and beans to pot and cook a further 3-4 minutes, until pasta is al dente and veggies are tender. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and veggies and return to pot. Add 1 Tbsp pasta water if pasta starts to stick together.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta sauce. Heat oil in a medium fry-pan on medium heat. Add courgette, pine nuts and salt and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring, until softening. Add 1/4 cup pasta water, bring to a simmer and simmer for about 3 minutes, until reduced. Remove from heat and mash a little to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta sauce to pot with pasta and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve pasta topped with basil and ricotta.