Teriyaki Tofu Burger with Ginger Slaw & Crispy Shallots
We've teamed up with our mates at Burger Burger to bring you this mouth-watering meat-free burger.
- 450 g tofu sliced 1cm
- Garlic coating 3 tsp cornflour, ½ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp vegetable stock powder
- 1 drizzle oil
- 150 g teriyaki sauce store-bought
- 10 g sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp ginger finely grated
- 2 baby bok choy thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 drizzle oil
- 350 g slaw
- 150 g mung bean sprouts
- 4 burger buns cut in half
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ telegraph cucumber peeled into ribbons
- 20 g crispy shallots
- Before you start, preheat oven to 230°C (or 210°C fan bake).
- Pat tofu dry with a paper towel and slice 1cm. Season with salt. Sprinkle garlic coating onto a plate and dip each slice of tofu in coating, brushing off any excess. Place tofu onto a lined oven tray, drizzle with oil and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden. Turn halfway through cook time to ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile, prep slaw. Prep ginger and bok choy. In a large bowl, whisk ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and oil together. Just before serving, add bok choy, slaw and mung bean sprouts to bowl and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt.
- Prep buns. When tofu has about 5 minutes cook time remaining, toast buns. Heat butter in a large fry-pan on medium heat. Toast buns, cut side down, for about 1-2 minutes each side, until golden and warmed through.
- In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce and mayonnaise. Prep cucumber.
- Serve buns filled with BBQ mayo,, slaw, tofu, cucumber and crispy shallots. Serve extra slaw on the side.