While we love a regular scone, sometimes you want something a little healthier. In that case, our Veg Packed Wholemeal Scones with Feta are the perfect option! Featuring three different veggies, they’re a great option for breakfast or snacks.
Veg Packed Wholemeal Scones with Feta
- ⅓ broccoli, diced 1cm
- 40g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 50g feta, cut into cubes
- 1¼ cups wholemeal flour
- 1¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 40g butter, grated
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cheese, grated (e.g. edam, cheddar, tasty)
- Preheat oven to 230°C (or 210°C fan-bake). Dust an oven tray lightly with flour or line with baking paper. Bring a kettle to the boil.
- Prep broccoli. In a heat-proof bowl, place broccoli and a pinch of salt and cover with boiling water. Cover with a plate and leave to cook for about 4 minutes. Drain well and pat dry.
- Prep spinach, spring onion, feta and cheese. Place flour, baking powder, paprika and salt in a bowl and use hands to work butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Fold through the feta, broccoli, spinach and spring onion.
- Stir in milk quickly using a knife until a soft dough forms. Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly. Roll into a long roll then cut into 2cm thick rounds. Place scones on oven tray and top with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden hand have risen.