Honey Soy Ginger Chicken with Vermicelli Salad
- 550 g free range lean chicken breasts cut into steaks
- 2 tsp oil
- ¼ cup water
- 150 g honey soy ginger sauce (see recipe below)
- 10 g sesame seeds
- 100 g vermicelli noodles
- 200 g carrot zoodles
- 2 baby bok choy thinly sliced
- ½ telegraph cucumber peeled into ribbons
- 1 capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch mint leaves picked
- Before you start, bring a full kettle to the boil.
- Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. Place your hand flat on top of chicken and slice through horizontally. Season lightly with salt and set aside.
- Place vermicelli and carrot zoodles in a medium, heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to steam for 5 minutes. Drain and return to bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat. Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and add water measure to deglaze pan, followed by honey soy ginger sauce and sesame seeds. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Slice chicken and add back to pan to coat in sauce.
- Meanwhile, prep boy choy, cucumber and capsicum. Add to bowl with cooked noodles along with remaining salad ingredients. Toss and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To finish, prep mint.
- Serve noodle salad topped with chicken, sauce from pan and mint.
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 Tbsp oil
1/4 lemon, juiced Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and use as per recipe. Energy: 375 kcal (1567 kJ) Carbs: 33.6g Protein: 34.6g Fat: 10.0g
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.