Peanut butter combined with oats and maple syrup or honey is always a delicious combo, especially in cookie form! These tasty treats are a great afternoon snack with a cup of tea. If you like these, you’ll also like our Oaty Raisin Cookies.
Peanut Butter Oaty Cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup buckwheat flour or almond meal
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
- Before you start preheat oven to 180°C (or 170°Cfan bake). Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Blend oats in a nutribullet or food processor until a finer consistency. Alternatively, use buckwheat flour or almond meal.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, oil/butter and maple syrup/honey until well mixed. Whisk in eggs and vanilla, ensuring mixture is well combined.
- Stir in baking soda until well combined then fold through oats and flour/meal.
- Using a tablespoon measure, dollop mixture onto oven trays, spread a little to allow cookies to rise. Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes, switching trays halfway through cook time, until just beginning to go golden. Allow to cool completely on trays before storing in an airtight container for up to 6 days.