Chicken Peanut Satay Burgers
- 1 capsicum thinly sliced
- 350 g slaw
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 6 sesame burger buns cut in half
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 165 ml coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 60 g smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 25 g chopped peanuts
- 600 g free range chicken breasts cut into steaks
- 1 drizzle oil
- Before you start, preheat oven to high grill.
- Prep capsicum. Toss all slaw ingredients together in a medium bowl. Prep buns, spread with butter and place on an oven tray.
- In a medium bowl, whist all satay sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. Place your hand flat on top of chicken and slice through horizontally, then cut into bun-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes each side, until cooked through. Add satay sauce, bring to a simmer and simmer for 1-2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and leave for 2-3 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, toast buns in oven for about 2 minutes each side.
- Serve buns filled with slaw, chicken and satay sauce. Serve any extra slaw on the side.
Meet the Chef
Ary develops all of the recipes that go into our Bargain Boxes. One of his biggest passions is sharing food and teaching people how to cook, so now that he creates recipes weekly, he literally gets to teach thousands of people new and exciting things! His favourite produce in New Zealand broccoli – it’s crispy and vibrant and he even grows it at home! It’s one of the veggies he never tires of. His biggest food weakness (because we all have one!) is crispy fried chicken that speaks right to his soul when it’s done right – though he’s such a lover of sharing a good meal that he’d prefer to stay in and cook a family meal over going out to eat.