Chia Pudding with Berries & Almonds
This is one of our fave easy breakfasts. Prepare at the start for the week and you're ready to go each day! You can get creative with flavours and toppings too.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk (e.g. almond, oat, dairy, soy, low fat coconut)
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp coconut thread
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- ¼ tsp vanilla (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup fresh or frozen berries, defrosted OR 1/2 banana, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- Combine all coconut chia pudding ingredients in a medium bowl, container or jar and stir well to combine. Leave for 5 minutes and stir again. Leave for a further 5 minutes and stir once more, ensuring pudding is mixed thoroughly.
- Cover mixture (or divide between two serving glasses/bowls/jars), and refrigerate overnight or for 3 hours, until chia seeds have swollen and puddings have a gel-like texture. Stir once just before eating.
- To serve, top puddings with berries or banana and almonds.
Nutritional Info (per serve, serves 2) Energy (kJ): 787 Energy (Cal): 188 Carbohydrate (g): 16.0 Protein (g): 4.9 Fat (g): 12.4 Saturated Fat (g): 2.5 Sugars (g): 8.7