Te Mana Lamb Loin Chops with Kumara Salad & Whipped Feta
- 800 g kumara cut into wedges
- 1 drizzle oil
- 2 courgettes cut into 1cm rounds
- 100 g baby spinach
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp water
- 100 g feta cheese
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 1 drizzle oil
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake).
- Prep kumara and toss with oil on a lined oven tray. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes. Prep courgette and add to tray for last 10 minutes of cook time or until both are tender and golden.
- Prep onion and toss in a small bowl with remaining pickle ingredients. Set aside to pickle, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble feta into a small bowl. Add first measure of curry powder and water measure and whip with a fork, until smooth.
- Pat lamb dry, season with salt and toss with second measure of curry powder. Heat oil in a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Cook lamb, in batches, for about 3 minutes each side (depending on thickness) for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered.
- To finish, toss spinach through cooked kumara.
- Serve lamb and kumara topped with pickled onion and a dollop of feta.
Meet the Chef
Say hello to Gemma ‘Mint’ our Development Kitchen Manager. She’s all the way from the sunny Hawkes Bay and is the brain behind many of our new bags. She’s a lover of Hawkes Bay apples and golden peaches, having grown up in the region, it takes her right back to her childhood. However, her favourite foods are dumplings and freshly baked bread. Gemma loves how she gets to be involved in all the new projects in her role and how we’re constantly creating and evolving with our foodies.