Lemongrass Pork San Choy Bau with Cucumber Salsa
- 150 g brown rice
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp oil
- 50 g lemongrass paste
- 500 g free farmed lean pork mince
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ telegraph cucumber finely diced
- 1 capsicum finely diced
- 50 g lime ponzu
- 1 lettuce leaves separated
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 bunch coriander leaves picked
- 10 g sesame seeds
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- Before you start, bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook rice in pot of boiling water for 20-25 minutes, until very tender. While rice is cooking, prep carrot. Drain rice and return to pot along with carrot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prep onion. Heat oil in a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Cook onion for about 2 minutes, until soft. Add lemongrass paste, pork, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until brown and cooked through. Stir through soy sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prep cucumber and capsicum and toss in a small bowl with lime ponzu. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To finish, prep lettuce, lime and coriander.
- Serve lettuce cups filled with rice, pork and salsa. Top with sesame seeds, coriander and chilli flakes. Serve lime wedges on the side for squeezing.
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.