Take the stress out of feeding the family with Bargain Box! Full of family favourites at bargain prices of just $6.10 per plate, next week’s box includes yummy Sticky Traybake Free-Range Chicken Meatballs with Sesame Broccoli, or enjoy a Mexican fiesta with some colourful tacos. Check out Bargain Box options here.
How to make sticky glazed meatballs
Meatballs are a great one for kids to help out with in the kitchen. Nadia’s 4 year old loves helping to roll up the balls. We’ve got a quick and easy sticky glaze that goes great with meatballs! Watch the video below to see how Nadia does it, then try for yourself with our Sticky Traybake Free-Range Chicken Meatballs with Sesame Broccoli recipe, or get it delivered 30th August with Bargain Box from just $6.10 per plate.
Sticky Traybake Free-Range Chicken Meatballs with Sesame Broccoli
- 125 g mushrooms, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 600g free-range chicken mince
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 3 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1½ cups basmati rice
- 2¼ cups water
- 2 broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake). Bring a full kettle to the boil.
- Prep mushrooms and carrot. Mix all meatballs ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll mix into golf ball-sized balls and place on a lined oven tray.
- Prep garlic and ginger. Combine all glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle glaze over meatballs and bake on upper oven rack for about 20 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Combine rice, boiling water measure and a pinch of salt in a medium pot and bring to the boil with the lid on. Once boiling, reduce to lowest heat and cook for 12 minutes. Turn off heat and steam, covered, for 5 more minutes Do not lift lid during cooking.
- Prep broccoli and toss on a second lined oven tray with sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast on lower oven tray for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- Serve rice topped with meatballs and broccoli. Drizzle over any remaining glaze.