Watch Amber take you through a healthier cauliflower pizza recipe, and her fave Margherita topping.
Margherita Cauliflower Pizza
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1-2 eggs, whisked (depending on cauliflower size)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 sprig basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese or 100g mozzarella ball, thinly sliced
- 10 basil leaves
- Before you start, Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake). Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Finely blitz cauliflower in a food processor, until it resembles couscous. Cook in boiling water for about 3 minutes, until soft.
- Line a colander with a tea towel and drain cauliflower. Pick up sides of the tea towel and squeeze all of the liquid out of the cauliflower, until it is dry.
- Transfer cauliflower to a bow along with egg, Parmesan cheese, oregano and salt and mix well.
- Spread onto a lined baking tray and use a spatula to shape into a round pizza base,about 0.5cm thick.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, until golden and firm.
- While base bakes, prepare sauce. Heat oil in a small pot on medium heat. Add garlic, chilli flakes and basil and fry for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Carefully add passata and salt and simmer for 2-3 minutes to infuse.
- Prep toppings.
- When cauli base is done, remove from oven and spread with tomato sauce. Sprinkle over cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper and return to oven to bake for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Cut pizza into slices and sprinkle over basil.
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.