Maple Walnut Mug Cake
An easy-to-make treat that's healthier yet just as delicious!
- 3½ Tbsp buckwheat flour
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2½ Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp butter or oil
- 2 Tbsp milk e.g. almond, dairy
- 1 Tbsp Greek yoghurt
- If you don't have a microwave, preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt and nuts.
- Add vanilla, maple, butter/oil and milk and whisk to gently combine. Do not overmix.
- Transfer to a mug (or ramekin, if baking) and microwave for 70-90 seconds or bake for 18-22 minutes (depending on size of ramekin) until puffy on top but slightly gooey.
- Once cooked, top with yoghurt and serve immediately.