Bruschetta Chicken with Parsnip Chips & Balsamic Greens
- 3 parsnips cut into chips
- 1 tsp oil
- 550 g free range chicken breasts cut into steaks
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 egg
- 100 g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp oil
- 150 g cherry tomato sauce
- 50 g Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 broccoli cut into small florets
- 200 g green beans cut in half
- 75 g baby spinach
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake). Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Set aside a medium baking dish.
- Prep parsnips and toss on a lined oven tray with oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast on lower oven rack for about 25 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. Place hand flat on top of chicken and slice through horizontally. Season with salt and pepper and toss in a bowl with cornflour. Add egg to same bowl, split yolk and toss to coat. Place crumbs in another bowl, add chicken 1 piece at a time and coat well. Transfer to a plate, shaking off excess crumbs as you go.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan on medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden. Transfer to baking dish, pour over cherry tomato sauce and sprinkle over Parmesan cheese. Bake on upper oven rack for 6-8 minutes, until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
- Prep broccoli and beans and cook in pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain and return to pot with spinach and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice chicken while in dish if desired.
- Serve chips with chicken and greens.
Carbohydrates: 28.5 g
Protein: 43 g
Fat: 11.5 g
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.