This recipe is from Nadia Lim’s Fresh Start, Feel Good cookbook!
Chicken, Mango and Feta Pizza with a Wholemeal Yoghurt Base
Some would say that mixing Italian and Indian flavours might be a bit of a faux pas, but we reckon it works awesomely! This pizza has hints of sweet and spicy Indian flavours, and we love the fact that the base is made with yoghurt and wholemeal flour (and is so quick and easy to make!)
Wholemeal yoghurt pizza bases
- 1½ cups wholemeal flour (185g), plus extra for kneading
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened natural Greek yoghurt
- 3 Tbsp mango or other fruit chutney
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 250g cooked chicken breast or thigh (about 1 large breast or 3 thighs), shredded
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 50g soft feta, crumbled
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- 2 Lebanese or ½ a telegraph cucumber
- 2 carrots
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- ½ cup natural unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- ½-1 tsp curry powder
- Chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Preheat 2 pizza stones or oven trays in the oven.
- Mix wholemeal flour, baking powder, turmeric, fennel seeds and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add yoghurt, mix together and then transfer to a clean, lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 4-5 minutes, adding a little extra flour as needed until the dough is smooth and pliable.
- Cut dough into two pieces and leave to rest for at least 10 minutes while you prep the toppings. On a piece of baking paper, roll each piece of dough out to roughly 0.25-0.5cm thickness and 25cm diameter (rolling it out on baking paper will make it much easier to transfer the pizza to the oven later!).
- Mix mango chutney and tomato paste, and spread over each pizza base. Scatter with chicken, red onion, cherry tomatoes, feta and mozzarella. Transfer pizzas (by lifting with baking paper) to hot pizza stones or oven trays. Bake for 14-15 minutes, swapping the positioning of the pizzas halfway through (so they get the chance to cook evenly), or until golden.
- While the pizzas cook, prep the ribbon salad. Peel cucumber (stopping when you get to the watery core) and carrots into ribbons with a vegetable peeler; place in a bowl and toss with lemon juice, mint and a pinch of salt.
- Mix yoghurt and curry powder together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, pile a small handful of salad ribbons on top of each pizza, dollop with yoghurt sauce and scatter with coriander. Cut each pizza into 6 even slices and serve with the remaining ribbon salad on the side.
Nutrition information (1/2 pizza per portion): Energy: 447cals (1868kJ) Protein: 31.9g Carbohydrate: 42.5g (9.8g sugars) Fat: 14.9g (8.9g saturated fat)