These short, chilly days have us craving comfort foods! Luckily the My Food Bag Kitchen has some delicious healthy recipes that tick all the boxes. Now you can customise your own bag from 10 of our favourite recipes to suit your week!
Nadia’s faves next week include fresh Marlborough Salmon with Roast Veggies and Horseradish Cream and Crispy Skinned Chicken Breast with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto and Cauliflower Potato Mash. These recipes are coming up in My Choice on 9th August. Find out more about our My Choice Bag and how to order for 2 or 4 people, for 3, 4 or 5 nights for next weekend here.
How to make cauliflower taste extra-delicious
Lots of people reckon they’re not a fan of cauliflower, but have you tried it in a creamy potato mash? Or tried roasting it with spices until golden? Next time you’re making mash, go for half potato and half cauliflower for a creamy, delicious mash and it works a treat to get more veg into kids too! Or, for golden roast cauliflower, toss cauliflower with olive oil, Moroccan or Indian spices, salt and pepper, and roast at 220degC for about 15 minutes – watch the video below to see how Nadia does it, then try for yourself with our Crispy Skinned Chicken Breast with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto and Cauliflower Potato Mash recipe below.
Crispy Skinned Chicken with Sundried Tomato Pesto and Potato Cauli Mash
- 800g potatoes, peeled & diced
- ½ cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 250g frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 courgette, diced
- 600g free range chicken breasts, skin-on
- 1 drizzle of oil
- 25 g sliced almonds
- 100 g sundried tomato pesto
- Before you start. Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake).
- Prep & cook mash. Prep potatoes and cauliflower and cook in a large pot of salted water, with the lid on, for about 25 minutes, until tender. Add peas and cook for 2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain, return to pot with butter and milk and mash, until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prep chicken. Prep courgette. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Start chicken. Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken, skin side down, for about 3 minutes, until skin is golden and crispy. Turn and cook for about 2 minutes, until browned.
- Cook chicken. Transfer chicken to a lined oven tray. Add courgette to tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 12-14 minutes (depending on thickness), or until chicken is cooked through and courgettes are tender. Rest.
- Serve. Mash and chicken topped with almonds and sundried tomato pesto.