If you’re stuck in a bit of a cooking rut, mix things up with our new My Choice Bag. From Meat-free Monday to quick and easy Thursday – now you can customise your own bag from 10 of our favourite recipes to suit your week!
Nadia’s faves next week include delicious Peanut Satay Beef with Asian Greens and our tasty plant-based Tacos with Roasted Cauliflower and Beetroot Lime Mayo. These recipes are coming up in My Choice on 2nd August. Find out more about our My Choice Bag and how to order for 2 or 4 people, for 3, 4 or 5 nights for next weekend here.
The key to authentic tasting tacos is all in the tortilla!
Lightly toast them in a hot pan, less than a minute on either side should do it. You’ll know they’re ready when air bubbles inside start to make them expand. Wrap them in a damp tea towel and keep them warm in the oven until you’re ready to serve – watch the video below to see how Nadia does it, then try for yourself with our vegan taco recipe below.
Indian Cauliflower Tacos with Tamarind Lentils & Beetroot Lime Mayo
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 drizzle of oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1 drizzle of oil
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp nigella seeds
- 25g tamarind sauce
- 2 tomato, finely diced
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- 50g whole peanuts
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
Beetroot Lime Mayo
- 100g vegan mayonnaise
- 5g Fresh As beetroot powder (optional)
- ½ lime, juiced
- 12 wheatmeal tortillas, approx 15cm diameter
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked (10g)
- 1 bag rocket
- Preheat oven to 230°C (or 210°C fan bake).
- Prep cauliflower and toss on a lined oven tray with oil, cauliflower spices and salt. Roast on upper oven rack for 15-20 minutes, until golden and tender.
- Prep onion and lentils. Heat oil in a medium fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook onion for 3-4 minutes, until browned. Add lentil spices, lentils and a pinch of salt to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until lentils have browned. Add tamarind sauce to pan and cook for a further minute, until mixture is golden and sticky. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat on lower oven rack for 12-14 minutes, until warmed through. Alternatively, wrap tortillas in a damp tea towel and heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes, until warm.
- Prep tomato, apple and lime and toss in a bowl with peanuts, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix mayo, lime juice and beetroot powder together (if using). Prep mint.
- Serve tortillas filled with lentils, cauliflower, salsa, rocket, beetroot mayo and mint.