- 1 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed & patted dry
- ½ cup nut butter (e.g. peanut, almond, cashew)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup buckwheat flour or almond meal
- Pinch of salt
- 40g refined sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate, if using) in a food processor and blitz for 1-2 minutes, until combined. Add chocolate and pulse for 20 seconds to distribute chocolate.
- Using a tablespoon measure, roll mixture into 10 evenly sized balls and place on a lined oven tray. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Meet the Nutritionist
Our in-house nutritionist Emma ‘Edamame’ was born and bred in mid Canterbury and has the health and wellbeing of Kiwis in mind at all times. As an NZ registered nutritionist (NZ Nutrition Society) with a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Food Science from the University of Auckland, she makes sure we’re all getting our fresh dose of local veggies and our meals are full of nutritious substance – thanks for having our back Em (and our waistlines!). When it comes to New Zealand produce, Emma is a whizz, with fresh berries being her absolute fave. Intrigued to know what food this nutritionist couldn’t live without? Fresh fish and seafood, delivering on both flavour and nourishment. As well as ice cream, especially real fruit ice creams, in the summer time! Life’s all about a tasty balance, right?