A quick, healthy recipe for lunch or dinner in a flash.
Cajun Prawns with Roasted Capsicum & Quinoa
- 1 broccoli finely chopped
- 100 g quinoa
- 250 g frozen corn
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 baby bok choy thinly sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 100 g roasted capsicum thinly sliced
- 2 tsp oil
- Cajun spices (1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, 2 tsp sweet paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp oregano, ½ tsp ground black pepper)
- 600 g prawns
- ½ tso salt
- 125 g lite sour cream
- 1 bunch coriander leaves picked
- 20 g sunflower & pumpkin seeds
- Before you start, bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Prep broccoli. Cook quinoa in pot of boiling water for 15-20 minutes, until tender with a slight bite. Add broccoli and corn for final 3 minutes of cook time. Drain and return to pot.
- Prep spring onions, bok choy and lemon and add to a large bowl with salt. Set aside.
- Prep onion and roasted capsicum. Heat oil in a large fry-pan on high heat. Add onion and cook for about 2 minutes, until soft. Add Cajun spices and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add prawns to pan and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until just cooked. Stir through capsicum and salt. Remove from heat and stir through sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked quinoa to bowl with spring onions and bok choy and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Prep coriander.
- Serve quinoa topped with prawns, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and coriander.
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.