This is a fantastic gluten-free bread recipe inspired by the original ‘Life-changing loaf’ recipe. Because of the amount of seeds in it, it is a dense bread so you only need a thin slice. Load one or two sliced up with delicious nutritious toppings and you’ve got a great snack or lunch. For a loaf that’s not gluten-free, you can replace the GF flour and ground almonds with 1 cup wholemeal flour or oat flour (oats blitzed in a food processor until a flour forms).
This recipe is from Nadia Lim’s Fresh Start, Feel Good cookbook!
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flaxseeds (linseeds)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup GF flour
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup psyllium husk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix seeds, flour, ground almonds, chia seeds, psyllium husks and salt together.
- In a jug or another bowl, mix boiling water with coconut oil and honey/maple syrup until coconut oil is melted. Add to dry ingredients and stir until well combined and dough is very thick. (note: if using GF flour and ground almonds, the batter will be much wetter than if using wholemeal/oat flour).
- Spoon mixture into loaf tin and smooth out the top. Bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
- Remove bread from the oven and tip out onto an oven tray. Return to oven and bake for a further 40-45 minutes until golden. The loaf is ready when tapped and it sounds hollow. Let the bread completely cool before slicing (this part is essential, so don't be tempted to cut into it straight away!).