These oaty cookies are just over 100 cals each, and are a delicious treat for morning or afternoon tea! Kids love them too, they’re refined sugar free, and you probably already have the ingredients on hand. Win!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Mash banana. Add banana, oats, honey, peanut butter and oil to a bowl and mix until well combined. Wait about 10 minutes, for oats to moisten, then fold through raisins and a pinch of salt. Using a tablespoon measure, roll mixture into balls. Place onto oven tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or freeze.
Meet the Nutritionist
Our in-house nutritionist Emma ‘Edamame’ was born and bred in mid Canterbury and has the health and wellbeing of Kiwis in mind at all times. As an NZ registered nutritionist (NZ Nutrition Society) with a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Food Science from the University of Auckland, she makes sure we’re all getting our fresh dose of local veggies and our meals are full of nutritious substance – thanks for having our back Em (and our waistlines!). When it comes to New Zealand produce, Emma is a whizz, with fresh berries being her absolute fave. Intrigued to know what food this nutritionist couldn’t live without? Fresh fish and seafood, delivering on both flavour and nourishment. As well as ice cream, especially real fruit ice creams, in the summer time! Life’s all about a tasty balance, right?