Savoury Nut Scatter
This nut scatter is perfect for sprinkling over salads for extra flavour and texture. There's only one problem with it – it's seriously addictive! This recipe is from Nadia Lim's Fresh Start, Feel Good cookbook! Please note one portion = one tablespoon of the scatter.
- 1½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- ½ cup chopped raw macadamias
- ½ cup chopped raw cashew nuts
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- Good pinch of ground chilli or chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Crush coriander, cumin and fennel seeds in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle and mix with curry powder.
- Heat olive oil in a medium fry-pan on low-medium heat. Add garlic, spice mixture, lemon zest and rosemary, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add nuts and continue cooking, stirring to coat everything nice and evenly, for a few minutes to lightly toast the nuts.
- Add smoked paprika, sea salt and chilli (if using) and maple syrup – the maple syrup will bubble away. Stir to coat everything and keep cooking for a further 1 minute or so. Turn off heat and transfer to a dish or bowl to cool completely and go crunchy before storing. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks
Nutrition information: Energy: 58cals (244kJ) Protein: 1.1g Carbohydrate: 1.7g (1.1g sugars) Fat: 5.2g (0.8g saturated fat) Makes 1 1/4 cups – 1 Tbsp per portion