- 60 grams butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 6 croissants
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Before you start, preheat oven to 170°C.
- Make filling. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add vanilla and egg and mix well. Fold in ground almonds until fully incorporated.
- Use a bread knife to slice croissants through the middle so you can open them up like a sandwich.
- Fill croissants. Spoon 2 tablespoons of almond mixture onto the base of each croissant and spread out evenly to the edges, then close the lid. Spoon 1 tablespoon of almond mixture onto the tops of each croissant and spread out to the edges.
- Top croissants. Place the sliced almonds onto a plate. Pick up each croissant and place them in the sliced almonds, top side down so they stick to the filling mixture. Press down firmly and squash slightly.
- Place croissants on a lined oven tray and bake in oven for about 15 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Serve with a cup of coffee!
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.