Broccoli, Capsicum and Feta Omelette
Packed full of protein, vitamins and minerals, eggs are always a great breakfast choice, and even more so when you can add in some vegetables, bumping up your veggie intake for the day before it's even started. This recipe is from Nadia Lim's Fresh Start, Feel Good cookbook!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small or ½ medium red onion, finely diced
- 4-5 large florets broccoli, thinly sliced
- 4 free-range eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ roasted capsicum, sliced (from the jar or deli)
- 50g feta or goat's cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed and thinly sliced (optional)
- Bring half a kettle of water to the boil
- Heat oil in a small-to-medium non-stick fry pan on medium heat and cook onion for 2-3 minutes on gentle heat until softened.
- Place broccoli in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1-2 minutes until bright green and just-tender, then drain well.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl or jug and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over onions, stir once, then allow to settle without stirring for 1-2 minutes and top with the broccoli, roasted capsicum and half the feta/goat's cheese. Gently lift the egg up on one side from underneath and fold in half, enclosing the filling. Allow to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Cut in half and transfer to serving plates. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, parsley and chilli (if using) before serving.
Nutrition information:Energy: 269cals (1125kJ)Protein: 21.8gCarbohydrate: 7.7g (6.1g sugars)Fat: 16.3g (6.3g saturated fat)