Make your own tortilla corn chips
Cut tortillas into triangles and brush spray with olive oil. Place on a lined oven tray and bake at 200°C for about 3 minutes each side, until golden.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernals
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced 1cm
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1 Tbsp feta cheese
- Cook corn. Heat 1/4 tsp oil in a fry-pan on high heat. Cook corn for 1–2 minutes, until golden and tender. Set aside for about 5 minutes to cool.
- Prep salsa ingredients. In a bowl, combine corn, onion, avocado, coriander, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Season to taste. Top with feta cheese.
- Serve as a topping for salads or meals, or with home-baked tortilla chips or cucumber rounds as a sharing snack.
Nutritional Info (per serve, salsa only)
Energy (kJ): 361
Energy (Cal): 86
Carbohydrate (g): 6.6
Protein (g): 1.8
Fat (g): 5.5
Saturated Fat (g): 1.1
Sugars (g): 1.5