Fresh Start nutritionist Emma always says that anything you’d normally put in a smoothie makes for a great healthy ice block, like these Blueberry Smoothie Ice Blocks! We can’t recommend buying your own ice block moulds enough, so handy and so many options for healthier summer desserts.
Get more healthier summer ice block recipes here.
These Blueberry Smoothie Ice Blocks are only 79 calories too!
Vanilla, Yoghurt and Blueberry Ice blocks
- ½ cup natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 punnet blueberries
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a blender (except half the blueberries) and blend for 1–2 minutes, until combined.
- Fold through remaining blueberries the divide mixture into freezable cups or an ice block mould. Freeze for about 20 minutes before inserting a popsicle stick into mixture.
- Continue to freeze for at least 8 hours, until frozen solid.
Meet the Nutritionist
Our in-house nutritionist Emma ‘Edamame’ was born and bred in mid Canterbury and has the health and wellbeing of Kiwis in mind at all times. As an NZ registered nutritionist (NZ Nutrition Society) with a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Food Science from the University of Auckland, she makes sure we’re all getting our fresh dose of local veggies and our meals are full of nutritious substance – thanks for having our back Em (and our waistlines!). When it comes to New Zealand produce, Emma is a whizz, with fresh berries being her absolute fave. Intrigued to know what food this nutritionist couldn’t live without? Fresh fish and seafood, delivering on both flavour and nourishment. As well as ice cream, especially real fruit ice creams, in the summer time! Life’s all about a tasty balance, right?