The perfect pairing of sweet and salty, this decadent bark is not for the faint-hearted, Watch these tasty treats disappear!
Caramel & Peanut Chocolate Bark
- 250 g Salada crackers or similar
- 250 g butter
- 260 g brown sugar
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray (about 20x30cm) with baking paper.
- Arrange crackers onto tray, covering the entire tray.
- Place butter, brown sugar and a pinch of salt in a small pot on medium-high heat. Once melted, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring for about 3 minutes, until caramel mixture has thickened slightly.
- Pour caramel mixture over crackers and bake in oven for about 12 minutes, until caramel is bubbling and starting to brown.
- While caramel bakes, melt chocolate in a small pot on low heat. Alternatively melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between.
- Once caramel has cooked, remove from oven and top with melted chocolate, peanuts and a sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
- Allow to cool, then place in the fridge to harden for at least 30 minutes. Break bark into pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Tip: Make sure your baking tray is completely covered with paper to prevents any caramel from sticking to it!