Vibrant green buddha bowls make you feel healthy just looking at them! Freshen up your lunch with a bowl of goodness, topped off with some delicious haloumi. Work lunch doesn’t get much better than this we think!
Green Goddess Buddha Bowl with Haloumi
- ⅓ cup quinoa
- ½ broccoli, cut into small florets
- ½ bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 100g haloumi, cut into thin slices
- 50g baby spinach
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Bring a full kettle to the boil.
- Cook quinoa. Cook quinoa in pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes, until tender. Drain well.
- Prep & cook broccoli & asparagus. Place broccoli and asparagus in a heat-proof bowl with a pinch of salt and cover with boiling water. Cover and leave to cook for 3–4 minutes, until just tender. Drain well.
- Cook haloumi. Heat 1/4 tsp oil in a non-stick fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook haloumi for 1–2 minutes each side, until golden.
- Make lemon dressing. Combine ingredients in a small bowl and season.
- Prep & build bowls. Arrange leaves, quinoa, greens, avocado and haloumi in bowls or lunch containers and season. Drizzle with lemon dressing.
Energy (kJ): 1810
Energy (Cal): 433
Carbohydrate (g): 19.5
Protein (g): 20.7
Fat (g): 28.9
Saturated Fat (g): 10.8
Sugars (g): 3.4