These pancakes are super fun, and tasty to eat afterwards. Create shapes out of a range of fruit to make faces!
Pancakes with Faces
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk (dairy, soy, rice milk etc)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 30g butter, melted (or margarine)
- Chopped fruit & berries
- Maple syrup
- Add flour, baking powder and sugar to a large bowl and whisk to incorporate. Add milk, egg and butter and whisk, until a batter is formed.
- Melt a knob of butter in a non-stick fry-pan on medium-high heat. Use a ¼ cup measure to spoon mixture into the pan, cook for about 1 minute each side, waiting for bubbles to pop before flipping. Cook for a further minute before removing from heat.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Chop up fruit. Decorate pancakes using fruit to make faces and drizzle with maple syrup.