1/2 cup frozen corn
150g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
1/2 beetroot, grated
1/2 carrot, grated
50g baby spinach or kale leaves
1/4 avocado, diced
1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp mustard
1 tsp vinegar
- Bring a pot of hot salted water to the boil.
- Prep & cook salad. Add quinoa to pot of boiling water and cook for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, add corn and beans and cook a further 3 minutes, until quinoa and veggies are tender. Drain well.
- Make dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl with 1/2 tsp extravirgin olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Finish salad. Add all salad ingredients to bowl with dressing, toss to combine and season to taste.
- Serve toppped with your favourite protein (e.g. haloumi or pan-fried chicken).
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 1154
Energy (Cal): 276
Carbohydrate (g): 33.0
Protein (g): 9.7
Fat (g): 9.9
Saturated Fat (g): 1.3
Sugars (g): 5.9
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog