14 Days of Health & Wellness Day One!
Get the recipe for Fresh Start Massaman Salmon and follow our cookalong with Nadia and Fresh Start recipe developer Amber!
Massaman Lime Baked Salmon with Cauliflower Rice Salad
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¼ head cauliflower, finely chopped or grated
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- 250g salmon fillet, cut in half
- ½ Tbsp massaman curry paste
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ lime, zested & juiced
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 75g mung bean sprouts (¾ pack)
- 2 Tbsp Thai dressing (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake). Set aside 2 pieces of foil, 20cm long in length.
- Prep carrot and cauliflower and toss on a lined oven tray with soy sauce. Bake on lower oven rack for about 20 minutes, until tender. Prep bok choy and toss through roast veggies just before serving.
- Pat salmon dry and remove any pin bones. Cut into 2 pieces and place each one in the center of each piece of foil. Whisk together curry paste, honey, fish sauce and lime juice and zest in a small bowl. Spoon evenly over each piece of salmon and rub to fully coat. Fold the foil over its self and fold down the edges to create 2 parcels. Place each parcel on an oven tray.
- Bake parcels in oven for 8-10 minutes for medium rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking.
- Prep coriander and toss in a small bowl with mung beans and Thai dressing.
- Cauliflower rice with salmon. Pour juices from foil over salmon. Top with mung bean mixture and drizzle over any Thai dressing left in bowl.
Thai Dressing: Place 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice, 1½ tablespoons sweet chilli sauce or runny honey, 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar and ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional) in a jar, screw lid on tight and shake to mix all ingredients together. Makes ½ cup.