If you have hungry mouths to feed, don’t feel like you have make two dinners, Fresh Start can work for everyone at your place.
We’ve created the tastiest suggestions on how to bulk up a meal, while keeping your dinners delicious and nutritious. Simply follow our recommendations below on how to feed hungry mouths depending on what dish you’re cooking.
Shopping list for 11th April deliveries
(increase quantities based on number of hungry mouths you’re feeding)
- ¼ cup (50g) uncooked brown rice per hungry mouth
- ¼ cup (50g) uncooked quinoa per hungry mouth
- 1 medium-sized roasting vegetable/200g per hungry mouth (e.g. potatoes, kumara, pumpkin, parsnips, carrots, beetroot)
- ¼ cup (50g) uncooked wholemeal pasta per hungry mouth
- 60g drained lentils per hungry mouth.
BROWN RICE THIS WEEK
Malaysian Curried Prawns
Cook ¼ cup brown rice per hungry mouth as per packet instructions. For curry serve ¾ cup cooked rice per hungry mouth. For fried rice serve ¾ cup cooked rice per hungry mouth stir through fried rice when adding pre-cooked rice.
SUPER GRAINS THIS WEEK
Cook ¼ cup quinoa per hungry mouth as per packet instructions and fold through cooked super grains.
ROASTING VEGETABLES THIS WEEK
Roast 200g of roasting vegetables per hungry mouth. Cut into chips and roast at 200-220°C for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
TO ADD TO PASTA THIS WEEK
Beef & Portobello Bolognese
Cook ½ cup frozen peas in pot of boiling water for 1 minute.
LENTILS THIS WEEK
Add rinsed and drained lentils to veg salad.