#loveyourleftovers! This recipe is a great way to use up frozen peas for a tasty lunch or breakfast on the go.
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 leek, thinly sliced
1 courgette, grated
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup lite sour cream
50g feta cheese
1/3 cup grated cheese (optional)
1–2 handfuls rocket
1. Preheat oven to 180° C. Bring a pot of hot salted water to the boil.
2. Cook peas. Cook peas in pot of boiling water for 1–2 minutes. Drain.
3. Prep & cook frittata. Heat 1/2 tsp oil in an oven-proof fry-pan on medium heat. Add leek and 1/2 tsp salt and cook for 3 minutes, until softened. Add a dash of water to help leeks steam. Add peas and courgette and cook a further 2 minutes.
4. While veggies cook, whisk eggs, milk, 1 tsp salt, feta and sour cream in a bowl. Reduce pan heat to low, add egg mixture to pan and stir to distribute evenly. Season well.
5. Bake frittata. Sprinkle over grated cheese then transfer to oven to bake for about 15 minutes, until set and cooked through. If you don’t have an oven-proof fry-pan, transfer mixture to a lightly oiled oven dish and bake.
6. Allow frittata to sit for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving with rocket.
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 1602
Energy (Cal): 383
Carbohydrate (g): 17.8
Protein (g): 36.8
Fat (g): 17.3
Saturated Fat (g): 6.9
Sugars (g): 14.5
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog