#loveyourleftovers. This tasty lunch makes the most of odd bits of veggies you might have leftover. Combined with curry powder, mustard and yoghurt dressing and boiled eggs this is a super moreish lunch.
1/2 pack cauli pearls
1/2 broccoli, chopped into small florets
200g red kumara, diced
2 tsp curry powder
75g yoghurt (half a small punnet)
1/2 tsp mustard
1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
Preheat oven to 180°C. Bring pot of hot salted water to the boil.
2. Prep veggies. Toss cauli pearls, broccoli, kumara, curry powder, 1 tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt together on a lined oven tray. Spread out into a single layer.
3. Cook veggies. Bake for about 18 minutes, until golden and tender. Toss halfway.
4. Cook eggs. Carefully place eggs in pot of boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to cool and then peel. Slice eggs 1cm.
5. Make dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
6. Finish salad. Once veggies and eggs are cooked, add to bowl with dressing. Gently toss to combine and season.
7. Separate lettuce leaves. Or chop if preferred.
Serve lettuce filled with salad.
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 1278
Energy (Cal): 305
Carbohydrate (g): 28.4
Protein (g): 20.2
Fat (g): 10.4
Saturated Fat (g): 2.1
Sugars (g): 6.0
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog