#loveyourleftovers. This Asian-inspired salad is perfect for a work lunch! Bring the dressing separately and toss together when it’s time to eat.
75–100g dried vermicelli noodles
1/2 cucumber, cut in half and thinly sliced
1 carrot, grated, spiralized or julienned
1 capsicum, thinly sliced
1/4 cabbage, shredded until you have 1 cup worth
1/4 cup mint leaves, picked
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp sesame oil
Pinch of chilli flakes
2 portions lean protein (e.g. pan-fried fish, chicken, prawns, tofu, or canned tuna)
1 Tbsp chopped peanuts
1 chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- Cook vermicelli. Bring a full kettle of water to the boil. Place vermicelli in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Make dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Prep salad veggies. Add to bowl with dressing, along with drained noodles and toss to combine salad topped with your choice of lean protein, or as is.
- Prep serving ingredients.
- Serve salad topped with your choice of lean protein, or as is.
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 1416
Energy (Cal): 339
Carbohydrate (g): 41.5
Protein (g): 27.1
Fat (g): 6.4
Saturated Fat (g): 1.2
Sugars (g): 9.5
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog