Smashed Peas with Poached Eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, mint or coriander
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices wholegrain bread toasted
- Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil, and a medium pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Cook peas in small pot of boiling water for 2–3 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain well. Mash peas then fold through yoghurt, feta, herbs and ½ tsp salt.
- Add vinegar to medium pot of water, swirl water using a slotted spoon then carefully crack eggs into water. Cook for 2–3 minutes (or to your liking), then remove from pot using a slotted spoon.
- Serve toast topped with smashed peas and eggs.
Energy (kJ): 808
Energy (Cal): 193
Carbohydrate (g): 16.5
Protein (g): 14.9
Fat (g): 6.6
Saturated Fat (g): 2.5
Sugars (g): 2.5
Meet the Nutritionist
Our in-house nutritionist Emma ‘Edamame’ was born and bred in mid Canterbury and has the health and wellbeing of Kiwis in mind at all times. As an NZ registered nutritionist (NZ Nutrition Society) with a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Food Science from the University of Auckland, she makes sure we’re all getting our fresh dose of local veggies and our meals are full of nutritious substance – thanks for having our back Em (and our waistlines!). When it comes to New Zealand produce, Emma is a whizz, with fresh berries being her absolute fave. Intrigued to know what food this nutritionist couldn’t live without? Fresh fish and seafood, delivering on both flavour and nourishment. As well as ice cream, especially real fruit ice creams, in the summer time! Life’s all about a tasty balance, right?