Turn your leftover tomatoes, capsicum, corn and avocado into a fresh, delicious salsa! Perfect for an afternoon snack with crudites or home-baked crisps.
2 wholemeal wraps or pita breads
½ capsicum, finely diced
½ avocado, finely diced
1 corn cob
2 tomatoes, finely diced
1/3 telegraph cucumber, finely diced
3 Tbsp coriander, chopped
Juice of ½ lemon or lime
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Bring a half full kettle to the boil.
2. Place corn cob in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover and leave to blanch for about 5 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to cool then remove kernels.
3. Toss wrap/pita triangles on a lined oven tray with ½ tsp oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Bake for 3–4 minutes, until lightly golden.
4. Prep salsa veggies.
5. Mix salsa. In a bowl toss all salsa ingredients with ½ tsp olive oil until combined.
6. Serve salsa with home-baked crisps, or use salsa as a salad topper for lunches, or part of a dinner meal.
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 641
Energy (Cal): 153
Carbohydrate (g): 16.1
Protein (g): 3.4
Fat (g): 7.3
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog