#loveyourleftovers. Whip up these delicious morsels for a nutritious snack, or pop on a bed of salad for a complete meal. Perfect for meal prep!
1½ cups frozen corn
1 garlic clove, minced
1 spring onion, very thinly sliced
125g white button mushrooms, finely diced
½ cup chickpea or wholemeal flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp paprika
Pinch of chilli flakes
2 eggs, whisked
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp oil
2–3 tsp yoghurt
A few picked coriander leaves
- Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook corn. Cook corn in pot of boiling water for about 1 minute. Drain well.
- Prep & make fritter batter. Combine all fritter ingredients (except oil) in a medium bowl (the mixture will be quite a dry batter).
- Cook fritters. Heat half the oil in a medium, non-stick fry-pan on medium heat. Using clean, damp hands and about 2 tablespoons worth of batter, roll mixture into a ball then flatten slightly and place into pan. Cook fritters, in batches, for about 2 minutes each side. Use remaining oil for second batch.
- Set fritters aside on a paper towel while you cook the remaining batches.
- To serve, divide fritters between plates, dollop with yoghurt and sprinkle over coriander.
Energy (kJ): 1422
Energy (Cal): 340
Carbohydrate (g): 35.3
Protein (g): 22.8
Fat (g): 10.3
Saturated Fat (g): 3.8
Sugars (g): 5.6
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog