As far as healthy meal prep lunches go, it doesn’t get much more vibrant than this raw energy salad! Full of nutrients, bring this salad to work for lunch to keep you going strong into the afternoon.
1 pack super-grains (25g red quinoa, 25g black quinoa, 50g brown rice)
1 beetroot, grated
1 carrot, grated
¼–½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey (optional)
2 tsp mustard
1/2 orange, zested
1 orange, juiced
400g cooked chicken, shredded or sliced (or 480g tofu, 360g canned tuna, 8 eggs etc.)
1 Tbsp super-seeds per portion (1 part sunflower seeds, 1 part pumpkin seeds, ½ part chia seeds, 1 part poppy seeds, 1 part white sesame seeds)
1. Bring small pot of salted water to the boil.
2. Cook super-grains. Cook super-grains in pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes until tender with a bite. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain.
3. Prep salad. Prep salad and add to a medium bowl. Once super-grains are cooked, add to bowl and mix to combine. Season and set aside.
4. Prep dressing & set aside.
5. Prep protein & set aside.
6. To serve, put super-grains and salad into jars. Top with chicken (or 480g tofu, 360g canned tuna, 8 eggs etc.). Sprinkle over super-seeds and dressing.
Energy (kJ): 1361
Energy (Cal): 326
Carbohydrate (g): 24.8
Protein (g): 37.2
Fat (g): 8
Saturated Fat (g): 1.8
Sugars (g): 7.8
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog