1 pack super-grains (25g red quinoa, 25g black quinoa, 50g brown rice)
1 beetroot, grated
1 carrot, grated
¼–½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey (optional)
2 tsp mustard
1/2 orange, zested
1 orange, juiced
400g cooked chicken, shredded or sliced (or 480g tofu, 360g canned tuna, 8 eggs etc.)
1 Tbsp super-seeds per portion (1 part sunflower seeds, 1 part pumpkin seeds, ½ part chia seeds, 1 part poppy seeds, 1 part white sesame seeds)
1. Bring small pot of salted water to the boil.
2. Cook super-grains. Cook super-grains in pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes until tender with a bite. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain.
3. Prep salad. Prep salad and add to a medium bowl. Once super-grains are cooked, add to bowl and mix to combine. Season and set aside.
4. Prep dressing & set aside.
5. Prep protein & set aside.
6. To serve, put super-grains and salad into jars. Top with chicken (or 480g tofu, 360g canned tuna, 8 eggs etc.). Sprinkle over super-seeds and dressing.
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 1144
Energy (Cal): 1363