These indulgent and healthy treats will convince even the seasoned cookie lover! Made from wholesome ingredients, the high fibre black beans, dates and courgette will help satisfy those sweet snack cravings. This is a recipe you will want to save and share!
Makes 12 cookies
1 courgette, grated
1x 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed & patted dry
2 Tbsp almond butter
4 Medjool dates, pitted (or 6–8 dried dates, soaked)
¼ cup cacao powder
1/3 cup almond meal
2 Tbsp buckwheat flour
1/3 cup unrefined sugar (e.g. coconut)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Grate courgette and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set aside in a sieve to drain.
3. Prep beans. Add to a food processor with all remaining cookie ingredients (except courgette). Process until well combined.
4. Squeeze any more moisture from courgette then add to food processor and process for about 30 seconds, or until courgette has been mixed through.
5. Drop tablespoon amounts of batter onto prepared tray (the batter will be quite wet), making 14 cookies.
6. Bake for 20–22 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool on tray.
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Nutritional Info (per cookie)
Energy (kJ): 473
Energy (Cal): 113
Carbohydrate (g): 15.5
Protein (g): 3.9
Fat (g): 4.1
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog