#loveyourleftovers. These indulgent and healthy treats will convince even the seasoned cookie lover! Made from wholesome and raw ingredients, the high fibre black beans, dates and courgette will help satisfy those sweet snack cravings. This is a recipe you will want to save and share!
Makes 12 cookies
¾ can black beans
2 Tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
4 Medjool dates (or 6–8 regular dates, pitted)
¼ cup cacao powder
1/3 cup ground almonds or flour (e.g. buckwheat, coconut)
1/3 cup unrefined sugar (e.g. coconut, muscovado)
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Grate courgette and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set aside in a sieve to drain.
3. Drain and rinse black beans then pat dry. Add to a food processor with all remaining cookie ingredients. Process until well combined.
4. Squeeze any more moisture from courgette then add to food processor and process for about 30 seconds, or until courgette has been mixed through.
5. Drop tablespoon amounts of batter onto prepared tray (the batter will be quite wet), making 12 cookies.
6. Bake for 20–22 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool on tray.
7. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Nutritional Info (per cookie)
Energy (kJ): 378
Energy (Cal): 90
Carbohydrate (g): 12.3
Protein (g): 2.9
Fat (g): 8.1
Saturated Fat (g): 1.6
Sugars (g): 7.7
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog