#loveyourleftovers. These cheesy delights are nutritious and delicious! Perfect addition to a fresh salad, and can be made with peas, corn or carrots!
1 cup frozen corn
3 Tbsp flour (e.g. wholemeal, coconut)
½ tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp salt
Pinch of baking powder
½ courgette, grated
½ spring onion, very thinly sliced
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup slaw
½ tomato, diced
¼–½ spring onion, thinly sliced
1–2 Tbsp chopped coriander
1–2 lime or lemon wedgese
1. Place corn in a sieve and run under warm water. Set aside to drain.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together egg, flour, paprika, salt and baking powder until smooth then add all remaining fritter ingredients, including corn.
3. Heat a small, preferably non-stick fry-pan on medium-high heat. Spray oil and add tablespoon amounts of fritter batter to pan. Cook, in batches, for about 2 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
4. While fritters cook, toss slaw, tomato, spring onion and coriander together in a small bowl, for a side salad.
5. To serve, place fritters and salad onto a plate. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and garnish with more coriander, if desired. Squeeze of lime/lemon juice.
Energy (kJ): 1852
Energy (Cal): 443
Carbohydrate (g): 51.0
Protein (g): 27.0
Fat (g): 12.1
Saturated Fat (g): 5.2
Sugars (g): 12.3
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog