#loveyourleftovers. A delicious meat-free Monday option, these cups are wholesome, filling and delicious! Chickpeas are such a versatile ingredient and have the perfect texture for patties!
¾ can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½–1 teaspoon garlic paste
½ carrot, grated
1 egg, whisked
Zest and juice of ¼ lemon
1 tsp soy sauce
1–2 pinches of chilli flakes (optional)
½ baby cos lettuce
1 tablespoon yoghurt
1 wedge lemon
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Add chickpeas to a medium bowl and mash until a paste-like consistency (or use food processor).
- Add garlic paste, carrot, egg, lemon zest and juice and soy sauce to chickpeas and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll mixture into patties.
- Heat a large fry-pan to medium heat then spray with oil. Cook patties for about 2 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
- While patties cook, separate lettuce leaves for lettuce cups or roughly chop. Prepare any remaining fillings for lettuce cups, if desired (e.g. diced tomato, cucumber or capsicum).
- To serve, place lettuce cups onto a plate, fill with 1–2 patties and any other fillings, if desired. Dollop with yoghurt, squeeze over lemon juice and garnish with coriander.
Energy (kJ): 1574
Energy (Cal): 377
Carbohydrate (g): 48.7
Protein (g): 22.6
Fat (g): 8.1
Saturated Fat (g): 1.6
Sugars (g): 7.7
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog