This delicious high-protein lunch is perfect post work out packing 24.8g protein per serve. Easy to prepare and share!
300g firm tofu
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 pinches of chilli flakes (optional)
1 cup corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
¼ red onion
2–3 Tbsp coriander
Zest and juice of ½ lime
½–1 iceberg lettuce
1–2 Tbsp refined sugar free chipotle sauce (or your favourite refined sugar free hot sauce)
½ lime, cut into wedges
1. Bring a small pot of water to the boil. Pat tofu dry. Using clean hands, crumble tofu into a medium bowl. Add egg, soy sauce and chilli flakes (if using) and whisk or stir well to combine. Set aside.
2. Cook corn in pot of boiling water for 1–2 minutes, until bright yellow and tender. Drain, run under cold water to cool and drain again well.
3. Finely dice tomato and capsicum; finely dice red onion; finely chop coriander. Add all to a medium bowl, along with drained corn, lime juice and zest. Season to taste and set aside.
4. Heat a medium, non-stick fry-pan on medium heat. Spray pan with oil and pour in tofu mixture. Cook, for 4–5 minutes, stirring often and breaking up any larger pieces as it cooks, until egg is cooked and tofu is hot through. Season to taste.
5. While tofu cooks, separate lettuce leaves and cut lime into wedges.
6. To serve, fill lettuces cups with scrambled tofu, top with corn salsa and drizzle with chipotle sauce. Serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze over top.
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 1369
Energy (Cal): 328
Carbohydrate (g): 24.1
Protein (g): 24.8
Fat (g): 13.1
Saturated Fat (g): 2.3
Sugars (g): 10.0
Click here to return to Fresh Start Blog