A crunchy addition to your yogurt, fruit salad, smoothie bowl and even as a snack! The citrus twist from the orange creates a unique and delicious flavour combo.
Makes 20 serves
2 tsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
1 tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp vanilla
Zest of 1 orange
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup coconut thread
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
½ cup coconut chips (optional)
¼ cup dried goji berries (or diced, dried figs or apricots)
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
1. Add coconut oil and maple syrup/honey to a small pot and warm on a low heat until melted. Remove pot from heat and add cinnamon, vanilla and orange juice and stir to combine.
2. While oil/maple syrup is heating, combine sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts and coconut thread (or an assortment of your favourite nuts and seeds) in a large bowl.
3. Add heated liquid to bowl and mix to coat.
4. Spread mixture evenly over prepared tray and bake for 14–18 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. Once cool, stir through coconut chips (if using) and goji berries (or dried fruit). Store in an airtight container and use 2–3 tablespoons as a topping for smoothies, fruit and yoghurt or enjoy a small handful as a snack.
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 571
Energy (Cal): 137
Carbohydrate (g): 5.1
Protein (g): 4.3
Fat (g): 11.1
Saturated Fat (g): 3.9
Sugars (g): 3.0
Click here to return to Fresh Start.