These tasty little morsels are packed full of healthy ingredients and are based on banana cake with way less calories.
Makes 24 balls
2 cups rolled oats
¼ cup dried apricots
2 medium bananas
100g lite spreadable cream cheese
¼ cup sunflower seeds, finely chopped
¼ cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
A pinch sea salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. Place oats and apricots in a food processor and blend for about 1 minute, until finely ground. Set aside.
2. Mash banana’s in a large bowl. Add cream cheese and stir until well mixed. Add oat/apricot mixture to bowl, along with all remaining banana and walnut bliss ball ingredients (except walnuts). Stir to combine.
3. Cover and freeze for about 30 minutes until starting to firm. Using heaped tablespoons, roll into balls.
4. Place chopped walnuts into a small bowl and roll balls in walnuts to coat. Repeat with all balls.
5. Once coated, return balls to freezer for a further 30 minutes, until firm. Store in fridge or freezer.
To serve, have a single banana and walnut bliss ball to keep your energy levels up.
Nutritional Info (per bliss ball)
Energy (kJ): 393
Energy (Cal): 94
Carbohydrate (g): 10.0
Protein (g): 2.8
Fat (g): 4.5
Saturated Fat (g): 1.2
Sugars (g): 5.4
Click here to return to Fresh Start.