#loveyourleftovers with this delicious recipe, ready in just 15 minutes. These fritters will curb those cravings and can be used a flexible base for additional leftovers such as frozen peas, spinach and grated carrot.
1 tablespoon finely diced brown onion
½ cup frozen, shelled edamame beans
½ cup frozen corn
3 tablespoons flour (e.g. wholemeal,coconut, buckwheat)
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
Zest and juice of ¼ lemon
1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
1 wedge lemon
1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves (optional)
1.Place corn and edamame in a sieve and run under warm water. Set aside to drain.
2. Heat a small, preferably non-stick fry-pan on medium-high heat. Spray oil and cook onion for 30–60 seconds, until softened but not coloured.
3. Add edamame and corn to pan and cook for about 1 minute, until softened. Remove pan from heat, add veggies to a medium bowl and roughly mash. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve pan.
4. Add egg, flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest and juice to a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add egg mixture to bowl with veggies and stir to combine.
5. Return reserved pan to medium heat and spray with oil. Using a ½ cup measure, scoop fritter mixture into pan to make two fritters, pressing down lightly.
6. Cook fritters for about 2 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Season cooked fritters with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, place fritters onto a plate and dollop with yoghurt. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and garnish with mint (if using).
Energy (kJ): 1360
Energy (Cal): 325
Carbohydrate (g): 38.9
Protein (g): 20.4
Fat (g): 8.2
Saturated Fat (g): 1.3
Sugars (g): 3.9