A simple and delicious snack that can be eaten warm or cold! The subtle vanilla, cinnamon and ginger flavours complement the natural sweetness of the pears. A healthy twist on a classic which we love!
2 ripe pears, quartered and core removed
1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp boiling water
2 Tbsp oats
2 Tbsp coconut thread or sliced almonds
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp coconut oil or butter, softened
4 Tbsp yoghurt (optional)
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
Preheat oven to 220°C. Bring a half full kettle to the boil.
1. Place pears into a small loaf tin or baking dish.
2. In a bowl, mix together honey/maple syrup, vanilla and boiling water. Drizzle vanilla mixture over pears and toss to coat.
3. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, until tender.
4. While pears bake, in a bowl, mix together all crumble ingredients, folding in softened coconut oil/butter using clean hands. When pears are finished baking, remove from oven and cover evenly with crumble mixture. Return to oven to bake a further 1–2 minutes, until crumble is golden.
5. Divide pears between plates and top with yoghurt and a pinch of cinnamon.
Nutritional Info (per serve)
Energy (kJ): 829
Energy (Cal): 194
Carbohydrate (g): 28
Protein (g): 3.1
Fat (g): 6.8
Saturated Fat (g): 5.3
Sugars (g): 24.2